Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Living Gift

Last Sunday my daughter gave me a pot of tulips for Mother’s Day.


I’ve never seen real tulips before and I’ve been able to enjoy them everyday since. 








What a lovely gift! 

I find it amazing to have a spring flowering bulb blooming so beautifully during autumn in Central Queensland, Australia.

     Visit Ubobo Travellers for more reflections on life in Rural Australia.
View Today's Flowers for more flowers from around the world.


They close each night and with each morning comes the promise of a new surprise by lunchtime when they are fully open again.


11 comments:

  1. There are wonderful flowers aren't they? Like you, I had never seen the real thing either until last year when I received a bunch from my son as a gift. That was during our winter and seemed so odd ... getting tulips in north Qld!! Yours have gorgeous colours. I somehow never knew that tulips opened up ... well until I actually saw them in reality. I'd only ever seen them closed up in pictures as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, gorgeous! i have only seen real tulips in a flower shop where they have flowers imported from Holland.:p

    Live in the Moment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful gift! I've never seen real tulips too. The colours are indeed beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are beautiful! love their color! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't daughters special. :)
    I really like the light in the last photo.

    Carletta's Captures

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Tulips. It's beautiful and love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just discovered your blog through Bernie's blog, so will be following along as you grow similar plants to me. I got a bunch of cut tulips from my hubby last week and they lasted well in a vase. Must be the cooler weather they are liking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They make a pretty pix. Love the colour mix.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Margaret

    Fantastic Tulips!
    Thanks for sharing.
    I would like you to become a Guest Friend in TODAYS FLOWERS.
    If you agree send me pictures so I tell your Guest Friend date.

    Thanks

    Luiz

    ReplyDelete